Wednesday 24 October 2018

My hedgehog poetry collection


Hope you enjoy it!


1. Beneath the garden wood pile I hear sounds of excavation
As a hedgehog starts preparing for his autumn hibernation.


2. The Hedgehog went for a walk one day.
Off out all on his own, What can I say.
He crossed the road but he forgot to look left and right.
He didn’t see the car, In his sight.


3. I could tell it was a Hedgehog
simply by it's silhouette,
and if it didn't move real soon
would get squashed flat, I'll bet.


4. Oh lovely, little hedgehog, playing in the grass,
I love your prickly, stylish coat, it brings you so much sass.


5. The little flower pot wept and cried
Thrown on the compost heap on his side
A little hedgehog scurrying by,
Said “little flowerpot do not cry.”

I had an adult and baby one last year. I saw them quite a lot in our garden, though the dog did his best to bark them into a ball. The neighbour had a little food bowl outside his patio door for them. Then one night coming home, I noticed the adult squashed in the road, and not seen one since.
   Also, I had one in my back garden a few weeks ago, and its back again tonight. My back garden is fenced off, and mostly concrete, I have given it some cat food. The dog found it, not me, she didn’t bark this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected